Sunday, November 25, 2007




I have done nothing for the past week but sit around. This means that I have the urge to blog about stuff other people have done. One thing other people did this week was win the Apple Cup. I should say the RIGHT people won the Apple Cup. The game felt almost exactly like the 2005 one to me, although it was probably more entertaining, given the 6 TDs scored by the Cougs.

I have uploaded some recent pictures of the kid. When Mom came down here to help after the birth, I talked to her about having 9 kids. I'm not even the one that does all the work for having kids, and still it's mind-boggling that she spent almost 18 years either pregnant or breast feeding. I feel this uniquely qualifies her to write a book: Lean Manufacturing Applications in Çhild-Bearing. The 4th child also gave me some other ideas. For example, I feel that newborn diapers are an untapped source of renewable energy, especially with oil at $100/barrel. One thing that consitently annoys me is the magazines targeted at insecure parents that the hospital always gives away. These publications prey on a parents desire to know that their kid is gifted or at least normal, despite the fact that all children are above average. I half expected to see an article entitled "Early Warning Signs Your Newborn will be Lousy at Standardized Tests".

4 comments:

twoplustwins said...

I hate those magazines. What kind of low-life bozos try to sell magazines by putting "IS YOUR CHILD ON TRACK" on the covers?

unevensideburns said...

Quinn has already grown and changed so much
that I wouldn't have recognized him. As for lean manufacturing, er
childrearing, I really could write such a book. It would include lots of
organization, firmness, and wheat mush--and a fully engaged husband, of
course. Otherwise, how would you get the mush? Love, Mom

thebrotherofjared said...

Hmmmm... I used to read those magazines when I was little, and they scared me so much that I used to have nightmares about how I(I was very self- centered back then) had some terrible disease at age 3, which is sort of funny, since I started reading at age 6.

Kersten said...

Adorable baby! What is he? two weeks? Shouldn't he be sitting up by now? You better get that magazine back out of the trash...